I think it is only fair I share the factual information regarding our home at Stratfield Brake with our members, the attached documents dated 2014 is what the Award was based on and this is the information we are to follow.
Legacy Leisure (Parkwood) will take control of the building as from 1st of September 2017, and Cherwell Council will be responsible for the grounds maintenance.
What does this mean for us?
Positives / Negatives – I thought I would bullet point these from the questions I have been asked
1. It will save Kidlington CC over £2000 per annum on preparation fees at Stratfield Brake, each game will now cost us £92.00 when we play, no cricket means no charges even if rained off and VAT will not be charged.
2. We no longer have to run the bar as it will be open for us on every match day
3. The facility \ building will have a manager on duty from 9am – 10pm
4. We have a document which guarantees us cricket at Stratfield Brake and no other clubs can play on the wicket unless we agree
5. We should not have to set up anything as it should all be ready for us under the hire price
6. We will still be producing our own tea’s from the Kitchen at no additional costs on match days
7. We still have the storage container and space in the store where the roller is, and all KCC owned Equipment will still be at the Brake, scorebox, Benches, Sight Screens etc.
8. The Nets will be Free of Charge to KCC as we paid for these but maintained by Cherwell, we agreed to this as it takes the responsibility away from us.
1. We have to let Martin our groundsman go as from the end of September
2. We will have to monitor the quality of pitches which are produced and maybe help out with Member Free Labour to keep them at a better than normal standard.
3. Meetings would now be chargeable so we may look to move our meetings back to pubs for the 2018 season
4. No longer can we host events such as Kwik Cricket / Finals days etc. free of charge
5. Youth Cricket charges of £92 are way too expensive and we are in negotiations on this at the moment.
6. We will no longer have keys for Stratfield Brake.
There are parts of these documents which need clarity, but overall the Committee and I welcome this change and it can only be better for us as a club, we run on only a few helpers and to take the responsibility away from us means we have more time to concentrate on cricket, We have only ever been tenants at Stratfield Brake and that has not changed.
Please feel free to ask any questions but if you read the documents most answers you will find within them.
Updated 17:57 - 29 Dec 2017 by John Moss